A vacation in Virginia allows you to experience vestiges of America’s colonial past along with its vibrant present. Here, you get to experience the rural charm of vineyards and horse farms, historic sites and colonial houses, and many attractions dotting its towns, countryside, and coasts.
Virginia offers a wide range of outdoor getaway options the whole year round. It’s famous for its winter ski resorts, autumn foliage hikes, national parks, water parks and beaches in summer and spring. Its world-famous Virginia Beach City is where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean providing a 3-mile stretch of oceanfront boardwalk perfect for sightseeing and biking.
Also called Old Dominion State or Mother State, it was the first US territory to be colonized in the early 1600’s. This historic state was also the birthplace of 8 US Presidents and will always be associated with the famous Blue Ridge Mountains.
With its natural scenery and topography, Virginia is an ideal golf destination with 330 golf clubs spread across its cities, small towns, and rural areas.
Top 10 Virginia Courses
- Kinloch Golf Club – Manakin-Sabot
- The Olde Farm – Bristol
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Club – Gainesville
- The Highland Course at Primland – Meadows of Dan
- The Omni Homestead Resort (Cascades) – Hot Springs
- Ballyhack Golf Club – Roanoke
- Golden Horseshoe Golf Club (Gold) – Williamsburg
- Trump National Golf Club Washington D.C. (Championship) – Potomac Falls
- The Country Club of Virginia (James River) – Richmond
- The Virginian Golf Club – Bristol