New York, bright lights, big dreams, fine dining, world class shopping. As if those are not enough reason to visit the state then check out one of the golf courses. The New York Metropolitan area has more world-class golf courses than any other urban area in the world. A golf vacation in New York is always about these golf courses and nature-driven adventures.
New York’s golf heritage can be traced back to 1916 when the PGA was founded and the first championship tournament was held in NYC. Since then, it has continued to host PGA championship events and will play host to the US Women’s Amateur in August 2021 and The Ryder Cup in September 2025.
Top 10 New York Courses
- Shinnecock Hills Golf Club – Southampton
- National Golf Links of America – Southampton
- Fisher’s Island Club – Fisher’s Island
- Winged Foot Golf Club (West) – Mamaroneck
- Friar’s Head Golf Club – Baiting Hollow
- Oak Hill Country Club (East) – Rochester
- Sebonack Golf Club – Southampton
- Bethpage State Park (Black) – Farmingdale
- Winged Foot Golf Club (East) – Mamaroneck
- Garden City Golf Club – Long Island