This northeastern Atlantic coast state, also called the ‘Garden State’ and ‘The Diner Capital of the World’ is known for its scenic Jersey shore, resort cities, casinos, theme parks, shopping districts, cultural attractions, and vibrant culinary scene.
It geographically shares communities with its adjacent cities, New York and Philadelphia. Some of its famous tourist draws are the Liberty State Park, Boardwalk, the Old Victorian Cape May, various harbor towns, wineries, and national, cultural, and science parks.
Its diverse natural scenery includes sandy beaches, lakes, waterfalls, the Delaware Water Gap, rocks and cliffs, and wildlife parks.
It offers many premier golf courses in its counties that cater to different skill levels with scenic backdrops like baysides and vineyards. The Weequahic Golf Course in Newark is the oldest public golf course in the state built in 1913 and designed by Baltusrol professional George Low, Sr.
Top 10 New Jersey Courses
- Pine Valley Golf Club – Pine Valley
- Baltusrol Golf Club (Lower) – Springfield
- Somerset Hills Country Club – Bernardsville
- Baltusrol Golf Club (Upper) – Springfield
- Plainfield Country Club – Edison
- Galloway National Golf Club – Galloway
- Ridgewood Country Club (East/West) – Paramus
- Bayonne Golf Club – Bayonne
- Trump National Golf Club (Old) – Bedminster
- The Ridge at Back Brook – Ringoes