Massachusetts is one of the United States’ most historic states. Its colorful past dates back to 1620 when a group of pilgrims arrived at Plymouth Harbor to flee religious persecution in England. It is also where Thanksgiving originated when the Pilgrims celebrated their first harvest a year after they arrived on its shores.
The state is known for its charming coasts, mountains, valleys, lush forests, parks, museums, autumn and spring foliage, seaports, ski sites, hiking and walking trails. It is a great destination for those craving for outdoor adventures and retreat with its endless scenery and rich heritage. It is the birthplace of prominent Americans like Benjamin Franklin, Paul Revere, John F. Kennedy, and Samuel Morse.
Its capital Boston is a top-tier city and is one of the east coast’s bustling economic, leisure, and education hubs. The state has over 400 golf courses with its Myopia Hunt Club hosting early US Open championships as early as 1908. There is no shortage of world-class golf sites and it’s a great destination for golf travelers.
Top 10 Courses
- The Country Club (Clyde & Squirrel) – Brookline
- Old Sandwich Golf Club – Plymouth
- Essex County Club – Manchester-by-the-Sea
- Myopia Hunt Club – South Hamilton
- Eastward Ho! Country Club – Chatham
- The Boston Golf Club – Hingham
- The Kittansett Club – Marion
- Sankaty Head Golf Club – Siasconset
- Salem Country Club – Peabody
- Vineyard Golf Club – Edgartown