The Golden State has some of the most fun and diverse sights in the world – think redwood forests, mountains, deserts, vineyards, and coasts, and of course, Hollywood. Bound by the Pacific Ocean, the Mexican border, Nevada, and Arizona, it beams with sunny skies and an endless sense of adventure.
All of this makes for something of a Golfer’s paradise – Californians love their tee time in the sunshine. Here, golf dates back to the early 19th century when its oldest club, the Mare Island Golf Club was built in 1892. California has hosted the US Open for several years and continues to be one of professional and novice golfers’ favorite golf getaway destinations in the world.
Top 10 California Courses
- Cypress Point Club – Pebble Beach
- Pebble Beach Golf Links – Pebble Beach
- Los Angeles Country Club (North) – Los Angeles
- Riviera Country Club – Pacific Palisades
- The Olympic Club (Lake) – San Francisco
- San Francisco Golf Club – San Francisco
- Spyglass Hill Golf Club – Pebble Beach
- Monterey Peninsula Country Club (Shore) – Pebble Beach
- The Valley Club of Montecito – Montecito
- Monterey Peninsula Country Club (Dunes) – Pebble Beach