Austria is a mountainous, landlocked country in Central Europe known for its musical contributions during the classical and romantic eras – as well as its stunning landscapes and architecture. This popular holiday destination impresses with its lovely attractions like the Eastern Alps, Danube River, cavern networks, waterfalls, swan-filled lakes, and vineyards.
This East Alpine country has an eventful history and sits at the crossroads of Europe, giving it a rich culture. Known for its many historical figures – Austria’s charming coffee houses have been the regular haunts of some of the world’s most prolific minds; Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Rainer Maria Rilke, Gustav Klimt, Nikola Tesla, Sigmund Freud, and many others.
Tee off amid panoramic views of mountain ranges and tall trees while breathing in the crisp, fresh air of Austria’s finest golf courses. Winter in Austria may be known for its iconic ski slopes but its warm summer months offer verdant landscapes perfect for a memorable golf experience.
Top 10 Austrian Courses
- Golfclub Amdastal Franz Wittmann – Hainfeld
- Golfclub Kitzbuhel – Kitzbuhel
- Golf Eichenheim – Kitzbuhel
- Golfpark Mieminger Plateau – Obermieming
- Golf & Landclub Achensee – Pertisau
- Golfclub Millstatter See – Millstatt
- Golfclub Am Mondsee – St. Lorenz
- Dachstein Tauern Golf & Country Club – Oberhaus
- Golf Club Seefeld-Wildmoos – Seefeld
- Golf Resort Haugschlag – Haugschlag