Enjoy a sweet, satisfying time in this southern state famous for its warm sunshine, civil rights heritage, legendary music, white sand beaches, unspoiled natural beauty, and yes, clear blue skies!
It is the home of luminaries Helen Keller, Rosa Parks, Tim Cook, Mae Jemison, Nat King Cole, and Joe Louis among many others. Its diverse topography gives it a rich natural scenery – from the Tennessee River’s agricultural valleys to its Appalachian mountain range, prairies, and breathtaking stretch of shores.
A weekend golf experience in one of Alabama’s impressive golf courses is always a good idea as the state offers a variety of attractions that complement golf activities for all ages, tastes, and budgets.
Tee off while enjoying Alabama’s unique culture, lush landscapes, heritage sites, Southern dishes, music, Mardi Gras, outdoor sports, and windswept beaches.
Top 10 Alabama Courses
- Shoal Creek Club – Shoal Creek
- Country Club of Birmingham (West) – Birmingham
- The Ledges – Huntsville
- Turtle Point Yacht & Country Club – Killen
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Capitol Hill (Judge) – Prattville
- Old Overton Club – Vestavia Hills
- Vestavia Country Club – Birmingham
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Grand National (Links) – Opelika
- Kiva Dunes – Gulf Shores
- FarmLinks Golf Club – Sylacauga